6th Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on scientists.
• Students will learn more about the scientist Galileo, and his experiments.
• Students will complete an online exercise by reading and learning about the methodology of the experiments.
This site is presented by PBS. The site is based on the Television series "Nova," which focuses on science and our environment. This online site provides educational resources for all ages as well as resources for teachers.
• Have students talk about what it takes to become a scientist.
• Have students discuss the importance of scientists and how they influence our everyday lives.
• Have students connect to http://pbskids.org/dragonflytv/scientists/index.html. Then have students:
learn about what scientists do by clicking on the picture icons to find information about the scientist and their area of study.
find two topics that interest them the most and click on Watch Video to see the scientists in action.
write a paragraph comparing and contrasting the methodology of the two scientists. That is, describe the different ways each scientist go investigates and experiments in order to gain information.