• Louis was such a funny and entertaining talker that he became a panelist on a television show in the 1950s.
• He also translated many different works into English.
• He was also an accomplished musician, and wanted to be a pianist or composer.
To learn more about Louis Untermeyer, go to:
Other books by Louis Untermeyer:
• Untermeyer, Louis et al. The Golden Book of Fun and Nonsense. New York: Golden Books, 1999.
• Untermeyer, Louis. The Letters of Robert Frost to Louise Untermeyer. Austin, TX: Holt Rinehart Winston, 1963.
• Untermeyer, Louis. Rainbow in the Sky. Orlando, FL: Harcourt Children's Books, 1935.
Other books about volcanoes, past and present:
• Lauber, Patricia. Volcano: The Eruption and Healing of Mt. St. Helens. Minneapolis, MN: Sagebrush Bound, 1999.
• Morris, Neil. Volcanoes. New York: Crabtree Publishing Company, 1995.