3rd Grade, Research and Inquiry Activities
2. Click on the picture of the bear above the word "Mammals." Read the facts that appear on the screen. Knowing these facts about mammals will help you to play the game well.
3. Scroll down the page and click on Game 1. The object of the game is to guess which animal the clues are about. Scroll down the page to see the question clues. When you click on a question, the answer and a "puzzle piece" of the animal will appear beside it in the picture frame. The more questions you ask, the more points you lose. So, you should try to guess the animal after asking as few questions as possible.
4. Click on a question to read the answer. Can you guess the animal? If you aren’t ready to guess, keep clicking on questions and reading the answers until you are ready to guess.
5. When you're ready to guess, click in the white box titled "What am I?" and type your answer. Click on the box called "Check it" to see if your answer is correct. If your answer is not correct, click on the box titled "back" to go back and try again. If your answer is correct, the game will take you to a page that lists fun facts about the animal. Read these facts. Which fact is your favorite?
6. Click on Try Another Animal and then again on Mammal. Complete steps 3-5 for three more games.
For more information on mammals go to http://www.nature.ca/notebooks/english/mammpg.htm.