2nd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on hospitals.
• Children will learn more about hospitals and the people who work in them.
• Children will read a list of hospital workers and learn what they do. Children will also answer some fill• in• the• blank questions about hospital workers.
This site is presented by, Children First for Health. It is a site sponsored by the British National Health Service. It is geared towards informing children about hospitals, their staff, and what to expect if they were to be admitted to one.
• Have children discuss their feelings about hospitals.
• Have children connect to http://knowitall.org/kidswork/hospital/workzone/index.html. Then have students:
Click the hospital building. This will reveal the inside of the building. Have children scroll over different rooms to learn about the different areas of a hospital.
Write a paragraph about what kind of job they would like to have in a hospital and why.
Draw their own diagram of a hospital.