3rd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• The students will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on communities.
• The students will learn more about communities.
• The students will complete an online exercise by reading about communities. The students will also create a drawing of their community.
This site is presented by, Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for kids. This site is sponsored by, the U.S. government. The site geared towards teaching kids, pre K – 12, general curriculum and governmental issues, through interactive games and other activities. The site also has resources for parents and teachers.
• Have the students talk about their community.
• Have the students discuss what makes their community special.
• Have the students connect to http://www.texasbeyondhistory.net/kids/houses/pueblos.html. Then have students:
read about the Pueblos' community houses uncovered by archaeologists.
discuss what makes this community unique.
think about the different types of jobs the people in this community may have had in order to survive. Then have them write a paragraph about what they think.