In the Yard
Kindergarten Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the computer to do research and inquiry on seasons.
• Children will learn about the order of the seasons throughout the year.
• Children will show an understanding of time sequence by putting pictures of seasons in the correct order.
• Have children look at the pictures of seasons again on the Web site. Divide the class into groups for each season. Ask children to draw a scene of what a tree looks like in their assigned season. Have one child from each group come to the front of the room with their pictures. Ask the rest of the class to put the pictures in order to show how a tree changes throughout the year.
• Work with the class to brainstorm and list other things that change over time, like a caterpillar changing into a butterfly, how a bear lives during a year, or holidays throughout the year. Ask children to choose the topic on the list that they think is most interesting and draw a picture explaining the change over time.