3rd Grade, Research and Inquiry Activities
2. Scroll down to read the directions for this game. Make sure you understand the directions clearly before you start to play. You may need to read the directions a couple of times.
3. Click Play to play the game. Pay close attention to the weather report on the television and remember to fill in the boxes with the number of signs you want to make, how much you plan to charge, and how many glasses of lemonade you want to make. Click on Go! to see how much money you made that day.
4. How did you do? If the amount of money you have (your "assets") went up, then you made money. If it went down, then you lost money.
5. Play the game until you reach the 15th day. Then, write down the amount of money you earned (your "assets").
6. Compare your earnings with those of your classmates. Who used the most advertising? Who sold lemonade for the highest price? Who sold it for the lowest price? Who made the most glasses of lemonade? Who made the fewest? Discuss which business strategies had the best results.
For additional information on business go to http://pbskids.org/itsmylife/quiz/makingmoney.html.