Making Baseball Cards
4th Grade, Research and Inquiry Activities
1. Connect to this link: http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/.
2. On this site, you can find out about the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. First, find out what the Hall of Fame and Museum is, and who it honors.
3. Click on Hall of Famers in the menu on the left-hand side of the screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Hall of Famer Bios.
4. Click on Hank Aaron. When did he become a member of the Hall of Fame? What teams did he play for?
5. Use the information about Hank Aaron to make a baseball card. You might want to print out a photo of him for the front of the card, or even draw one yourself. On the back of the card, make sure you include his birth date, the teams he played for, the positions he played, and the league honors he won.
6. Click on Back at the top of the screen. Choose a different player and create a baseball card for him.
For more reading about baseball, connect to http://www.baseball-almanac.com/index.shtml.