• Deborah grew up next to a creek in the suburbs near Washington, D.C.
• Now she grows butterfly bushes and other wildlife• attracting plants in her yard for the enjoyment of her four children and granddaughter.
• In addition to writing, Deborah is an editor of a children's magazine.
Other books about raising butterflies:
• Gibbons, Gail. Monarch Butterfly. New York: Holiday House, 1991.
• Himmelman, John. A Monarch Butterfly’s Life. New York: Children’s Press, 2000.
• Pringle, Laurence. An Extraordinary Life: The Story of a Monarch Butterfly. New York: Orchard Books, 1997.
• Rockwell, Anne. Becoming Butterflies. New York: Walker & Company, 2002.
• Ryder, Joanne. Where Butterflies Grow. New York: Puffin, 1996.