4th Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to research and inquire about exploration.
• Students will learn more about what explorers do.
• Students will complete an online exploration of Amazonia and will answer questions to show what they learned.
The PBS Web site has articles and activities about the arts, history, and science. It provides resources for parents, teachers, and students.
• Have students connect to http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0412/feature5/zoomify/main.html to zoom in on photographs of the Titanic's deck. Students may enlarge part of the image by clicking on it.
• Have students connect to http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0406/feature2/ and click on VIDEO. Next, have students click on Windows Media, for the first video entitled Rope Cam. Make sure students adjust their computer's volume so they can hear the video's narrative. Instruct students to pay attention to the animals shown in the video. Then have students:
draw a picture of the animals in the video.
draw a picture of the animals in the video and label them.
draw a picture of the animals in the video, label the picture, and write a couple of sentences at the bottom describing what happened in the video.