• Among the folktales Joe tells for a living, he counts the Hispanic tales called cuentos among his favorites.
• He is the resident storyteller at the Wheelwright Museum of the American Indian in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
To learn more about Joe Hayes, go to:
Other books written by Joe Hayes:
• Hayes, Joe. The Day it Snowed Tortillas/ El Dia Que Nevaron Tortillas. El Paso, TX: Cinco Puntos Press, 2003.
• Hayes, Joe. La Llorona: The Weeping Woman: An Hispanic Legend Told in Spanish and English. El Paso, TX: Cinco Puntos Press, 1987.
• Hayes, Joe. A Spoon for Every Bite. New York: Orchard Books, 1996.
• Hayes, Joe. Tell Me a Cuento/ Cuentame un Story. El Paso, TX: Cinco Puntos Press, 1998.