2nd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on immigrants.
• Children will learn more about immigrants.
• Children will complete an online computer assignment by watching a film clip of a woman from Kosovo now living in England. Children will also complete a worksheet by writing three reasons why a person might immigrate to a new country.
The site is presented by Video Nation, a news program produced by the BBC. It showcases a wide range of current events and topics.
• Have children talk about the ways a person's life might change after moving to a new country.
• Have children talk about people in their families who immigrated to America or about where their ancestors came from.
• Have children connect to http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/connectworld/connectworld.html. Then have children:
Read and listen to the directions, enter their name and click Play to start the activity. Note: Students should click on the deck of cards if they do not have the picture on their side in order to continue play.
Make an international menu of foods from other countries.
Make their own deck of cards, drawing pictures of cultural traditions from different countries.