Weather and You
2nd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on weather.
• Children will learn more about weather and how it affects them.
• Children will complete an online activity by choosing the best pictures and activities to describe the current weather conditions. Children will then print out a weather report.
Alfy.com is a Web site full of educational activities and games for children. The site also contains resources for teachers.
• Have children discuss in class how the various weather patterns can affect them.
• Have them list what activities they like to do in what kinds of weather. They can use weather symbols next to the activities they list.
• Have children connect to http://www.cotf.edu/ete/modules/k4/k4modules.html. Then have them click on The Weather Game. Then have children:
Take the level one quiz and then print their final score.
Click on Next to take the Level two quiz.
Tell the class about the type of climate in which they live.