What I Do Best
1st Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will think about what they do well.
• Children will use an online paint program to show what they do best.
• Children will share their painting with the class.
• Tell children that we are constantly learning and getting better at things. Ask children to think about what they would like to improve on. Have children go back to the paint program and draw a picture of them doing something that they hope to get better at throughout the year.
• Work with the children to brainstorm a list of goals for the year. What would they like to accomplish by the end of first grade? Encourage children to think about different kinds of goals, including social skills or how they will help their families at home.