Poems from Around the World
1st Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the computer to do research and inquiry on different countries around the world.
• Children will play a sorting game on the Internet.
• Children will learn about Japan and New Zealand by sorting pictures they see into two categories.
• Go to www.surfnetkids.com/penpals.htm. As a class, start up a correspondence with a first grade class in another country. Ask them about the types of things they like to do for fun.
• Have children choose a different country to research. Have them use magazines, picture books and encyclopedias to find out about their chosen country. Have them draw a picture that shows the location and the people of this country.