3rd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on the future.
• Students will learn more about the future.
• Students will complete an online exercise by viewing a video on gadgets and homes of the future. Students will also create a drawing of what they think their future home will look like.
This site is presented by, the Discovery Channel. The Discovery Channel is a TV channel featuring a wide range of informational and educational content.
• Have students talk about their view of how the world they live in will be in the future
• Have students discuss how new technologies are changing the world today.
• Have the students connect to http://www.pbs.org/saf/1303/video/watchonline.htm. Then have students go to the first icon picture labeled 'Friendly Characters' and Click on Play Video and:
watch the film. (17 minutes) Note: Be sure to choose the correct media player and speed for your computer
talk about what new future innovation they liked best in the film and why.
write a short story about life in the future.