1st Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the computer to share special times they have had with their families.
• Children will use the paint program to draw pictures of their own families.
• Children will discuss what makes their families special.
• Have children print their drawings and give a short presentation about each of their families to the class. Ask each child to tell his or her classmates who appears in the picture they drew, and to name one thing that he or she enjoys doing with his or her family.
• Have children add more pages to their books by drawing their favorite things to do with their families and by drawing a title page for the books.