1st Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the computer to do research and inquiry on telescopes.
• Children will learn more about how things in outer space look through a telescope.
• Children will complete a worksheet by drawing different objects as seen through a magnifying glass.
• Have children look at the pictures on the Web site that were taken using a telescope. Give them different arts and crafts materials, such as pipe cleaners and yarn, and have them construct one of the planets, the sun, or the moon, now that they have seen some of these up close.
• Have children gather the different objects shown on the worksheet. Pass magnifying glasses out to the children. Have them examine the different objects using the magnifying glasses. Ask them to compare what they see to their drawings of what they imagined they would see.