2nd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on fractions.
• Children will learn more about how to tell if one fraction is larger or smaller than another fraction.
• Children will solve fraction problems on a worksheet by circling the larger of two fractions.
This site is presented by Webmath. The site has math activities and information for grades K• 8. It also provides resources for solving a variety of math problems.
• Have children create fractions using crayons.
• Have children compare their fractions and tell which one is larger.
• Have children connect to http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks2/maths/fractions/level1.htm. Then have children:
Play the game. Have children type the number of children sharing the pizza. They then click on Check and see the pizza divided in the right fractions. They click on Next to continue to the next question.
Have children draw a picture of a pizza and divide it into slices according to how many people they will share it with.
Have children write a fraction for one slice of the pizza they drew.