Making Baseball Cards
4th Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to find out what the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum does, and who it honors.
• Students will research facts about Hank Aaron and one other Hall of Famer.
• Students will create a baseball card for two baseball Hall of Famers.
National Baseball Hall of Fame is a site that introduces baseball fans to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in Cooperstown, New York. It provides information about players who are members of the Hall of Fame, as well as a history of American baseball and other interesting articles about the game.
• Have students click on Baseball History in the left side• bar and report to the class about an interesting fact or story found there.
• Have students connect to http://www.favoritepoem.org/poems/thayer/index.html to display Ernest Lawrence Thayer's famous baseball poem "Casey at the Bat." Students should read the poem and:
draw a picture of their favorite moment in the story.
act out a skit of the story.
(Beyond Level) write their own ending to the story.