To the Moon!
1st Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the computer to do research and inquiry about space and the moon.
• Children will discuss taking a trip to the moon.
• Children will use the paint program to draw a picture of what they might see on the moon.
• Have children make other drawings in the paint program. Ask them to draw the different stages of their trip to the moon: preparing for the trip, blasting off, and what they see in outer space. Have them print their four drawings to make a book about exploring space.
• Have children work in groups of four to come up with skits about a trip to the moon.