Helping Planet Earth
2nd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on helping planet Earth.
• Children will learn more about helping planet Earth.
• Children will watch a slideshow about keeping the Earth clean. They will also play a game by sorting the litter in a park into bins for paper, cans, and plastic.
This site is presented by Starfall. It has educational games and activities to help children learn to read. It also provides resources for parents and teachers.
• Have children talk about ways they can help the environment.
• Have children connect to http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/caer/ce/eek/earth/conserve.htm. Then have children:
Read the list of water conservation facts.
Make a list of ways their school could conserve water.
Make a poster that shows people how to conserve water.