2nd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on music.
• Children will learn more about instruments and music.
• Children will complete an online computer assignment by learning about instruments and listening to how they sound played loudly and softly. Children will then take a quiz on what they have learned.
The site is presented by the BBC. It is an educational site for children about musical instruments.
• Have children listen to music in class and discuss the various instruments they hear.
• Have children connect to http://www.tvokids.com/framesets/play.html?game=64&. Then have children click on Make Your Own Music located in the top right. Then have them click on the Learn How tutorial and follow the prompts. Then have children:
Begin the activity.
Name the instruments used to make their music.
Create a title and lyrics for their music.