• Mark gets a lot of inspiration from his two young daughters. He loves to read to them!
• He always loved to draw but didn't think about becoming a professional artist until after college.
• Mark starts out his books by jotting down notes and scribbling in a notebook. Slowly the ideas start to come together and he creates a real story.
For more information about Mark Teague, go to:
Other books written by Mark Teague:
• Teague, Mark. Detective LaRue:
Letters from the Investigation. New York: Scholastic, 2004.
Other books illustrated by Mark Teague:
• King• Smith, Dick. Three Terrible Trins. New York: Yearling Books, 1997.
Other books about man's best friend:
• Avi. The Good Dog. New York: Aladdin, 2003.
• Burnford, Sheila. The Incredible Journey. New York: Yearling Books, 1990.
• Cleary, Beverly. Henry Huggins. New York: HarperTrophy, 1990.