2nd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on art.
• Children will learn more about ice art.
• Children will look at slides of the 2005 World Ice Art Championships. They will then write about their favorite ice sculpture on a worksheet.
This site is presented by Ice Alaska, a non-profit organization promoting artistic and educational endeavors using ice. It has photos and information about ice sculpting competitions and classes.
• Have children talk about the different forms of art.
• Have children connect to http://www.moma.org/destination/. Then have them click on Launch site! Note: Click on the picture of the space ship located in the bottom left corner to return to the museum at any time. Have children:
Explore the different art pieces in the museum by following the instructions.
Talk about the various pieces of art they found in the museum and what they think about them.
Create any type of art object such as a picture, sculpture, drawing, etc. Then have them explain to the class what it is they have created and what was their motivation.