Inventors and Inventions
2nd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on inventors and inventions.
• Children will learn more about inventors and inventions.
• Children will make a list of some important American inventors and their inventions.
This site is presented by The World Almanac for Kids. It is an online almanac geared towards kids. It also offers classroom activities.
• Have children discuss how inventions can change their lives.
• Have children think about things that need to be invented in the future.
• Have children connect to http://www.inventivekids.com/indexFlash.html. Then have children click
on My Inventive Room, located in the upper right box. Have them:
Start the game, read along and click Click Here! to continue.
Discuss what inventions they can live without and which ones they must have.
Draw a picture of their home as it would appear 100 years ago without the new inventions of the past century.