4th Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to do research about Great White Sharks.
• Students will take an online quiz about Great White Sharks.
• Students will write an email about what they have learned.
Nationalgeographic.com offers a Web site called Creature Feature archive. Students can find information about 29 wild animals from around the world.
• Have partners choose one animal from the National Geographic site and create a poster that gives fun facts and other information about the animal. Have them draw pictures of the animal and draw or print a map that shows where the animal can be found.
• Have the students connect to http://www.pbs.org/kratts/world/index.html. Then have students:
choose a continent, click on it, and find information about wild animals that live there.
draw a world map on chart paper and draw small pictures of the animals that are found on each continent. Be sure they label each animal's picture.
give short presentations with visual aids about an animal they have chosen from the map.