4th Grade, Research and Inquiry Activities
1. Work with a partner and connect to this link: http://www.servicelearning.org/instant_info/funding_sources/index.php?popup_id=511.
2. Read the article and make a list of ways that young people have solved environmental problems creatively.
3. Click on Winners at the top of the page to read stories about winners of the Barron Prize and what they did to win a prize.
4. Think of a problem in your town, state, or country. Work with your partner to brainstorm ideas of how to solve the problem.
5. Write a list of ideas of what you could do to solve the problem in a creative way. You can use drawings, photographs, or a collage to tell more about the problem and possible solution. Present the information to your classmates in an oral report.
For creative ideas about how to save the environment, go to: http://www.ecokids.ca/pub/have_your_say/what_kids_said.cfm.