2nd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on pet care.
• Children will learn more about pets and how to care for them.
• Children will choose a pet and listen to an audio tip about how to care for it. They will then create a comic strip showing how to care for that pet. They will illustrate and write a caption for each step.
This page of pet care tips is from the children's section of the ASPCA Web site. It features 8 different animated pet care tips with audio.
• Have the children suggest various animals or insects that could be considered pets in a class discussion. Also have them suggest ways in which the animals they suggested should be cared for.
• Have the children connect to http://www.avma.org/careforanimals/kidscorner/default.asp. Then have them:
Click on Worksheet #1 under Activity #1 and print it. Children will draw pictures of what a dog needs.
Click on Activity #3, then click on Hello and print the page. Children will choose the right kind of home for each pet.
Click on Activity #2 then click on Worksheet #10 and print it. Children will write a story about how they would like to be cared for as a pet.