Russ and the Firehouse
Kindergarten Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the computer to do research and inquiry on neighborhoods.
• Children will think about something special in their neighborhood.
• Children will use a paint program on the computer to draw a picture of their neighborhood.
• Have children look at the picture they have made. Ask them if there is a place shown in their picture where they like to play. If not, have them add a place where they like to play to their picture.
• Show children a large map or globe featuring where they live. Ask them if they can point to where they live. If they cannot, show it to them. Point out other places of interest on the map or globe.