1st Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the Internet to learn how individuals can work with a group of people to solve a problem.
• Children will learn that they can help solve problems.
• Children will put steps to solving a problem in sequential order.
• Have children look at the Website again. Have the class brainstorm other ways a first grade class could raise money for a new computer. List the ideas on the board. Take a vote to determine the best one for your class.
• Discuss with the class what kinds of jobs are needed to help your classroom run smoothly. Discuss ways that children can work together in order to help the classroom keep clean and operate efficiently. Practice performing some of these jobs.