2nd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on deserts.
• Students will take notes as they read.
• Students will complete an online quiz about their reading.
• Students will exchange quizzes with a partner and correct them.
• Students will complete an additional activity.
This Web site was created by the nonprofit organizations, Oxfam, the WWF• UK, and UK's Channel 4 to educate children about the environment.
• Have students continue their research by clicking on facts and figures . They can create a poster that illustrates what they learn.
• Have students connect to http://www.field• trips.org/tours/sci/desert/_tourlaunch5.htm . They can navigate different Web sites by clicking on the arrows on the bottom right of the screen. Have students:
think of a question about the desert and search for the answer on one of the desert links.
design a brochure for a 3• Day desert adventure.
write a descriptive passage about a trip to the desert.