People on the Move
3rd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on people on the move.
• Students will learn more about people on the move.
• Students will complete an online exercise by reading about the Wright brothers. Students will also write a paragraph about them.
This site is presented by, Discovery Channel. Discovery Channel is a TV network geared towards educating and entertaining people of all ages about the world around them.
• Have students talk about the different the various ways people get from place to place.
• Have the students discuss how the various modes of traveling came about.
• Have students connect to http://pbskids.org/dragonflytv/show/mattermotion.html. Then have students:
click on the icons shown concerning motions.
draw a picture of themselves doing their favorite form of motion. Have them choose from the list on the featured Web page.
pick their favorite form of motion and explain to the class the reason for their choice.