6th Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on money.
• Students will learn more about money.
• Students will complete an online exercise by reading about bartering. The students will also take an online quiz.
This site is presented by the Online Museum Educators. The "Pieces of Science" page has been put together by various teachers seeking to educate and inform students online. The site is geared towards primary and secondary grade students. The site has resources and links for teachers.
• Have students talk about the importance of using money in exchange for goods and services.
• Have students discuss how money is used in their everyday lives.
• Have students connect to http://www.moneyfactory.com/newmoney/main.cfm/learning/fun. Then have students:
scroll down and click on Interactive Bill. Then have them click on the picture of the $50 bill. Have them read and follow the instructions to see the new security features. (Note: Students may click on the eye icon on the bottom menu bar to access a virtual tour of the note. They may also begin the viewing of the $20 note by clicking on $20 on the bottom menu bar.)
talk about the need for the new security measures taken in regard to the new bank notes.
write a paragraph about what will happen to money in the future. Have them think about electronic banking and ATM cards.