2nd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on writing stories.
• Children will learn more about how to write a story.
• Children will create a story online and share it with their classmates.
This site is part of the Seussville Playground Web site. It contains many activities and games for children. The Story Maker page prompts children to create a story based on a choice of pre• selected backgrounds, characters, and music, and the child's own text.
• Have children discuss their inspiration for the story they created.
• Have children connect to: http://www.tolerance.org/storybooks/mouse/index.html. Then have children:
Click on Next to begin the story, The Barking Mouse: A folktale from Cuba. Have children read along as they listen.
Write a sequel to the story.
Share their sequel with the rest of the class.