What Do You Know?
Kindergarten Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the computer to do research and inquiry on rhyming.
• Children will learn more about words that contain the same consonant.
• Children will play a game on the computer by remembering and matching pictures of different items that rhyme.
• Have children look at the pictures on the Web site and think about the items that they rhymed together. Review the words that they matched. On the bottom of their worksheet, have them draw pictures of the rhyming items as if they were combined, i.e. a rock in a sock, a pig wearing a wig, a rat wearing a hat, or ten pens.
• Have the class play rhyming "Duck, Duck, Goose." Have them sit in a circle on the floor. Choose a child to act as the "tapper." Tell the "tapper" to think of one word, as well as a word that rhymes with it. Have the "tapper" walk around the circle and say the first word while tapping the head of each child. Tell the child to say the rhyming word when they tap another child at some point. When this happens, the child whose head is tapped will have to chase the "tapper" around the circle, as in "Duck, Duck, Goose."