1st Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the computer to do research and inquiry on birds.
• Children will learn more about birds that cannot fly.
• Children will use a word bank to finish a poem about a flightless bird.
• Have children look at the pictures of the birds on the Web site. Ask them to choose their favorite bird, be it one shown on the site or a different bird. Have them color in the bird outline on their worksheet like their favorite bird.
• Have children cut out the bird outlines they have colored. Help the children connect their birds with string, tape, and clothes hangers to make mobiles you can hang in the classroom.