4th Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to learn about theatre.
• Students will choose a play to read.
• Students will work with a group to perform their play for the class.
The ZOOM Playhouse is part of PBSKids.org, which provides games, stories, and activities for children.
• Students can spend additional time creating costumes, props, and a set for the performance of their play.
• Have students connect to http://www.shakespeares-globe.org/ and then:
click on Theatre Tours along the top, and then Virtual Tour at the bottom of the page. Take the virtual tour and then draw a map of the inside of the theater.
click on Information along the top, and then About the Globe in the lefthand sidebar. Read about the history of the theater and use that information to construct a timeline for the theater.
View the Virtual Tour and the About the Globe page. Then have students pretend they are a tour guide giving yours of the Globe. Have them write themslves a script for the tour.