3rd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will browse healthy recipes and recipes for specific dietary restrictions.
• Students will break into groups and choose one of the recipes.
• Students will demonstrate the recipe in groups to the class in the form of a "cooking show."
• Students will complete an additional activity.
This Web site is part of KidsHealth, which provides doctor-approved information on health topics relevant to children.
• Have students create an illustrated guide for their cooking show. Each student from the group will illustrate and label a different step. They can combine their drawings to make a guide.
• Have students connect to http://www.nutritionexplorations.org/kids/activities-main.asp. Then have them:
click on Ariana and Marcus and then play the Nutrition Mixer game.
download and complete the Shopping List with their favorite choices from different food groups.
download and fill out the Nutrition Tracker.