Myths and Legends: Ancient Greece
5th Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on the twelve Olympians from Greek mythology.
• Students will read and write down facts about Greek gods and godesses.
• Students will create a poster that displays the information they learn on the site.
Mythweb is a kid• friendly site that provides brief overviews of Greek myths, from the twelve Olympians to minor gods and heroes.
• Have students navigate the Heroes section of the site and write summaries of the stories they find there. Alternatively, have students write sequels to the hero stories using the same characters.
• Have students connect to http://www.hipark.austin.isd.tenet.edu/mythology/gkgods_heroes.html. Have students:
Draw a picture of one of the gods or goddess based on what power they command.
Choose a god or goddess and write a story describing that god or goddess using their power.
Think of something that none of the Greek gods or goddesses controlled, and create a new god or goddess with that power. Have them describe their god or goddess to the class in a presentation.