5th Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to research the women's suffrage movement.
• Students will read Alice Stone Blackwell's essay: Why Women Should Vote .
• Students will list the reasons Alice Stone Blackwell gave for granting women the right to vote.
• Students will complete an additional activity.
This site was created and is maintained by World Book and includes an article about the women's suffrage movement. It also contains direct links to essays about the movement and an interactive quiz on what they have read on the Web site.
• Have students return to the main web page and click on Click here to take an interactive quiz to test their knowledge of what they have read.
• Have students connect to http://www.nmwh.org/exhibits/tour_1.html. They can take an tour of an online museum exhibit about women's suffrage. Then have students:
design a women's suffrage pin or banner.
write lyrics for song that could be featured at a women's suffrage rally.
write a narrative description of the Seneca Falls Convention.